The Canadian government grants available to your business depends on your industry, region, and the projects that you’re looking to carry out. Industrial and technology-based firms have the most robust selection of funding programs for business expansion, technology adoption, hiring & training and research & development.
- Business Expansion
- Technology Adoption
- Hiring & Training
- Research & Development
We can help you apply for business grants and loans that will accelerate your business growth. We will simplify the entire funding process, from research to writing, submission, and reporting. Here is one sample from over 100 grant programs.
The Southwestern Ontario Development Fund (SWODF) offers funding for business development and the expansion of SMEs located in the southwestern Ontario region, with a focus on creating jobs, attracting new investments and facilitating new business initiatives. Funding can be used to support projects that involve investing in new capital equipment, developing skills, enhancing productivity, and developing new infrastructure.
- Up to 15% of eligible expenses and up to a maximum of $1.5 million in non-repayable grant funding for projects with budgets up to $10 million.
- Projects with budgets that exceed this amount may be eligible to receive a repayable government loan of up to $5 million.
- Up to 1.5M of the loan and interest can be forgiven if project performance targets are hit.
- Applicants must have been established for at least 3 years, have 10 or more full-time employees and located in southwestern Ontario.
- Be incorporated and have at least three years of financial statements. Projects must be completed within a 2-4 years timeline and create at least 10 new full-time positions depending upon project size and company size.
- Invest at least $500,000.
- Advanced Manufacturing (automotive, aerospace, plastics, clean technologies)
- Life Sciences
- Processing (primary and secondary)
- Information and Communications Technology
- Tourism and Cultural Industries.
- Brant, Bruce, Chatham-Kent, Dufferin, Elgin, Essex, Grey, Haldimand, Huron, Lambton, Middlesex, Niagara, Norfolk, Oxford, Perth, Simcoe, Waterloo & Wellington.